Agnostic.com

61 2

What's something that is popular right now that annoys you?

Mea 7 July 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

61 comments (51 - 61)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Everything. Lol

Spag84 Level 6 July 22, 2018

Popsockets.

You just found the saltmine, congratulations

Tekashi 69. ?

Facebook, Ed Sheran, X Factor and the genre, morning TV, product placement within morning TV, the international radio play list which still plays Alright Now and Three Times A Lady, movie ftanchises, dating shows, political correctness, insurance advertising,

What's Popular would be my Date with an iPhone...
...if she answers her iPhone during the date..."that's" annoying..
....if she puts the iPhone away during our Date..."that's" cool..

Cell phones !

Safe spaces, trigger warnings, free-speech zones.

Schadenfreude entertainment (AHS, GoT)

Twilight (still sore about this one)

Trap as a subgenre of rap.

Poorly implemented EDM (specifically dubstep) or EDM-infused crossover albums by musicians trying to stay relevant to popular music and alienating their fans by artistically regressing towards a banal mean

Poorly implemented fusion of EDM into mainstream music trying to capture the edge of what's left of raver culture.

Mainstream musical lyrics being written at at 6th grade level

The current Hollywood cycle point where all that's being made are bad idea remakes of old movies by directors who stopped being interesting and became gimmicky years ago and serializing otherwise brilliant cinematic contributions into mediocrity. At least superhero movies have given it a relatively enjoyable focal lens, but some people don't like comic books.

For that matter, the resurgence of 90s nostalgia TV reboots; Tim Allen, Roseanne, Melissa Joan Hart, Joey Lawrence, The Full House crowd...it's like everybody got mad Mayim Bialik and Johnny Galecki and Julia Dreyfus still have careers after the milennium and had to get a piece. They're even rebooting Daria and centering it around not Daria and Jane but Daria and Jodie which seems like an entirely strategic (as opposed to creative) choice.

I'm a colossal hipster bitch, though. 🙂

Reality TV, celebrity gossip, Snapchat filters, and SJWs. Oh, and the propensity towards fake scientific study citations.

Besides Trump, Brockhampton sort of gets on my nerves. Also avocados... nothing against people who like them (i.e., literally everyone else), I just don't get the hype.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:132545
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.