Agnostic.com

3 8

LINK 9 Most Powerful Quotes From Emma Watson's UN Speech on Gender & Equality — VIDEO

I like what she is and looking forward to see what she becomes. Emma Watson can help change the world.

I have realized that fighting for women’s rights has too often become synonymous with man-hating. If there is one thing I know for certain, it is that this has to stop.

When at 15, my girlfriends started dropping out of their beloved sports teams, because they didn’t want to appear muscle-y, when at 18, my male friends were unable to express their feelings, I decided that I was a feminist.

In my nervousness for this speech and my moments of doubt, I’ve told myself firmly, ‘If not me, who? If not now, when?

How can we effect change in the world when only half of it is invited or feel welcome to participate in the conversation?

Video included in the article:

Lukian 8 Aug 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

She's much more diplomatic than I've ever been . But what she's says is so very true .

Well done Emma....lovely, brave speech!

Bravo, Emma Watson!

This brave, articulate and brilliant young woman received death threats and hateful, cruel backlash from misogynist men, after her wonderful speech at the United Nations.

Hateful men will not silence us.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:151628
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.