Agnostic.com

52 1

Did you believe in ghosts ?

james301 3 July 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

52 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ghosts are logically inconsistent.

If they're not affected by gravity, how do they stay attached to the Earth? Wouldn't they just slip away as the planet moves through the universe? It must be a lot of work to keep up.

And ghosts would have to be perpetual motion machines. They don't seem to eat. So where do they get the energy to do anything -- even be visible?
I guess they could be solar powered but if so why do they spend so much time in the dark? Lol. 😋

RichCC Level 8 July 22, 2019

Leftover energy that is a scientific though just can't detect what but not diety remember what cannot be explained was often thought of as magic is now science

Isn't that a variation of a last ditch theist argument? 'God invented logic so he can violate it if he wants to.' (RCC: Sorry for the gender pronoun).

'Ghosts are strange so they don't have to make sense.'

I guess it's true so far as it goes. But it doesn't say much.

Of course the same could be said of my statement. Lol.😊
This is a pretty low-evidence discussion anyway. 😎

No

I have seen ghosts, but I suspect that they are caused by my imperfect perception. No, I don't believe in the supernatural.

JimG Level 8 July 22, 2019

Yes ,absolutely. There is some echo left. Is it supernatural or imagination however is debatable.
Can our minds conjure up echos of past lives and do so vividly , why not. Can memories be passed down through our dna , do we know all the answers.

Genetic memory exists and some scientists have put their finger on it.

NO!

Yes, when I was a theist. The main reason why is that the bible speaks of ghosts and spirits. Once I debunked the book it is impossible to believe any of it. These days I can hardly even watch a good horror film without laughing.

No

No.

No I don't. However all of my life I have seen people in the distance, but when I got to the place where the person was, they have disappeared. I don't think Ghost, I think the energy of the dead remains near us.

I also say no..
But have had similar experiences and like your explanation.

That is something that I have never experienced.

No...only regrets, our bad choices sometimes hang around and haunt us!

We’re all ghosts. When speaking of spirits, souls, and consciousness, the lines begin to blur. Depends. Do you believe in free will??

Shifty Level 4 July 22, 2019

I do not believe in any gods due to the lack of evidence. For the same reason, I do not believe in ghosts.

Nope

bobwjr Level 10 July 24, 2019

I do not.

Deb57 Level 8 July 23, 2019

I see no reason to believe that ghosts are real.

Anyone who does not believe in ghosts does not believe in science... remember people energy cannot be destroyed!
It can only change form.👍

When the human body ceases to exist, the material that makes up the human body decays and returns to the Earth.
The energy force and the electrons that existed and flowed through the body, cannot remain constant...it has to change form.

The energy remains but not in shape of human body with white clothes

@NR92 The atoms, the molecules, the various compounds that make up the Earth.
The people, the planets, the Stars, the galaxies all seem to be in a circular type of form, even the body is made up of atoms and molecules that are round.
We only know of one universe but technology could advance so that we are able to tap into another universe.
We are all one consciousness

I'm pretty sure there's a way to see ghosts and the type of energy that leaves the body when the body dies.
I'm sure technology will advance so that were able to understand all of this in a scientific understanding so there's no more disbelief.

By your logic everything has a ghost. Cars, stars, garden gnomes and bowel movements; they all have energy so they must have ghosts too. It’s science.

Negatory 😉

Varn Level 8 July 22, 2019

Can't say that I do, and won't say that I don't!

No.

I don't, but I've always believed in the possibility.

No.

A weird question on the Agnostics platform.

@Mb_Man
Not superstition? See how many here said "yes".

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:377604
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.