Agnostic.com

4 1

Homelessness and access to public spaces in your area?

Homless people who live in public spaces... not highway shoulders or alleys, but parks, or cars parked in residential areas, or bus stops. Does your right to access and use those spaces mean that their right to shelter, is taken away? What to do?

• 1 vote
  • 13 votes
  • 3 votes
MarkiusMahamius 7 July 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't really care for "compassion" for compassion's sake. I think that it is rational for us to take care of each other. We need to work together to take care of each other. We have been fed too much b.s. about "my rights" that only truly benefits the wealthy. We all need to wake up from that shared delusion, just as if not more powerful as religion.

Google San Antonio's approach to this problem. It is a 22 acre campus called "Haven". Other cities are coming to San Antonio to see if this is a solution they would be interested in. Austin is looking into it. Check it out. I believe you will be impressed.

If you create it, they will come 😟

I’ve wondered how, and if ‘Poor Farms’ might work, again? I believe each county in the US had them; places with rooms, cultivable land, orchards, livestock & chores. A place the ‘homeless’ could stay until they found a more permanent setting.

Varn Level 8 July 31, 2019

I live in a very rural area. I do not think there are homeless people here. We have good programs with easy access to food and shelter in the larger communities.

Homelessness in rural areas is often invisible. Many times it involves people squatting in inadequate spaces, without utilities. And most people don’t even see it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:381949
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.