Agnostic.com

6 0

Recently had a guy tell me that women who are too independent aren’t attractive because men can’t figure out what would be left for them to do or why they would be wanted/needed. I’m an independent woman and get friend zoned more often than not, leading me to believe he is right. What are your thoughts?

fauxname11 7 Mar 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What I'm hearing is that Independence isn't attractive because he's threatened. We can be strong for ourselves. If a man would open up his mouth, to ask us what we need from them, then it would not be a mystery.

Me, I go take sewing and quilting classes, but im all thumbs. I got super rough hands from working on cars all day and im learning. I might need lots of help. Or take like a cake decorating class, and damn. I must be all rusty or something. Better show me how to squeeze that thing, make the florets. Im all thumbs.

I see. So it has to be an energy independence contest? I work in a car parts factory. Cant stand beer. Im a polymath, not sure what people mean when they vaguely mention they are "interested in sex" who isnt? I think what you are seeing is that most men don't want a partner that is 24/7 out to prove something, to prove that they can lift objects and fix sinks and change tires. Well done. I shall inspect this polar fleece blanket, while you cowboy up on some firewood. Or, the alternative is to do these things TOGETHER. This has not come up in any of the above comments, it has been "im independent, fuck it!" This is great, right up until you find you have a stranger or noone holding your hand when you got cancer one day, or just old.

In my example, my prospective partner needed to have everything just so. "What are all these books?" "oh. Well, i do it like this." "you mean you DONT want to retire to a village in rural italy and eat bread?" this came to a head when i was brought there to cook for four people, and yet had to write each meal on a fucking chalkboard, for some reason. I was a chef for 30 years. Tonights meal is called "holy shit, this is the best thing ive ever had! Wtf is this chalkboard shit??"

I like independence in females, it’s sexy.

I am a 57 year old woman who has never been married. I own a 27 acre horse farm which I run by myself. Many of the bubba men around here seem almost offended that I don't ask for help and that I am successfully handling everything. One dude said, "She doesn't want help!" I could tell it wasn't a compliment!

Meh. Forget them and find a guy who likes you how you are.

Jnei Level 8 Mar 21, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:41041
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.