Agnostic.com

5 0

What is your favorite word in the English language?

I love the answers James Lipton gets on "Inside the Actor's Studio" when he asks celebrities this question. For example, Robin William's explanation of why he loved the word "pussy" was hilarious. My own favorite word for a long time was 'fuck' because it is certainly the most versatile word, but lately I find myself using the word "jackass" an awful lot, especially when talking or writing about politics or religion I like that it implies both dumbfuckery AND stubbornness. What is your favorite word, curse or otherwise, in English?

MsOliver 7 Nov 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My latest: "Oogy wawa". Okay, it's a phrase. Okay, it isn't English. It's Zulu for "Cheers!".

That, or any expletive. "Fuck" and "shit" work well for me. If and when I let my I.Q. rise above double digits, it's "logic".

Oh - oh - here's another one: "Puhhh-lease!".

There are 2- cuntwaffle & fucktard . I have a few others, but these 2 are my favorites.

Love it.

Borborygmus. A silly sounding word in its own right, which identifies a somewhat humorous event. It is a wonderful example of onomatopoeia, which, incidentally, happens to be my second favorite word.

Zster Level 8 Nov 19, 2017

Right now? Since I'm reading the book called " depraved english" collywobbles is my new favorite word

Dessert.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:4184
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.