Agnostic.com

1 1

Most of us are agnostics and atheists because someone gave us a dose of reality.

It was either our parents, our friends, or you being curious, that led most of us to not believe in deities. I had a dose of reality from a friend when I was younger. I did hide it from my family though. My mom said she was a Christian, she never made my sister and I go to church. Most Christians will have the attitude that they are all "holier than thou" when they find out someone is an agnostic or an atheist. I have to hear it in my daily work envirornment. I am not trying to convert anyone to atheism. I will not be persuaded into anything. I stand strong in my atheism. IDC if I have to stand alone. Colorado Springs is like a state in the South. Who cares if I don't celebrate "dead guy on a stick day?" A lot of people all over the world would agree with me. It is everyone's right to believe or not to believe in gods or goddess. I have a personal relationship with reality. I'm too old for fairytales.

Sarahroo29 8 Mar 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My Dad was a full on raving Atheist .. Cold as a fish lol.. My Mum a half believing unsure Methodist lol.. !!!

So i was never destined .. Just kept playing up so much in sunday school as five year old i had to be removed.. Kept asking, "Jesus isn't real - can i go home now?" !!!! It just seemed a crock even as a kid ..

Yep.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:47350
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.