Agnostic.com

4 3

LINK Mass Consciousness World Peace Meditation

Reminder for Viral Consciousness: I will be meditating to this video every day, through NYD 2022, @ 2pm. If you would like to add your energy to that of others, toward world peace (which I define as calming Tao's energy whirlpools) then please sit and close your eyes as this meditation guides us to achieve it. Possibly it is BS but what do we have to lose? Exactly. The illusion obeys our visions so we should stop resisting and be still🧘☯

rainmanjr 8 Dec 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If you study quantum physics you will know that as soon as you think about something it will change and not to what you want it to be.

That’s true but our pathetic world, not just this nation, can only change for the positive (I think).

@rainmanjr That is living in hope.

@Jolanta At one time I would have thought that way but I don't concerning this. I think it's scientific that the more people become tuned away from the negative the happier their lives become. That alone can translate into feeling energized/motivated to vote (prob lib). Meditation makes me feel happier and that is the general consensus when I've done group meditations. I can't recall a soul saying they had a bad trip. Another reason is that positive outcomes aren't just attributable to personal experience. They can cause an entire change of perspective and healthy thinking. It would go too far in saying world peace can be achieved merely by meditation but it would not go too far to say that meditation for it would likely chill people out and open their minds to solutions. If that's false hope then oh well.

@rainmanjr I agree with you.

@Jolanta I don't read that often enough (haha). Thanks for the convo.

Pretentious escapism...

Not enough ranch dressing in the world to coat this word salad.

Proof that atheists can be as immune to reason as New Agers or the religious.

No matter how you slice it, it's still baloney.

The best this can do is give you personal peace of mind. It does not work that all of us are in a group meditating and it changes anything on a large scale. Our thoughts are not all bound together but meditation can give personal peace and allow you to organize your mind.

If my theory, that an electronic network is clumping together with other networks to create an illusion, is correct then mass consciousness does make sense. But even if that's nonsense then the meditation is still good for us individually. No harm is caused by doing it with belief, without belief, or not at all.

rainmanjr:

None of that makes sense unless somebody gently caressed your skull with a two-by-four.

Have you tried sticking your dick in a light socket? You'll get super-powers...

@rainmanjr

That is not a theory. It is mere speculation. Look up the meaning of a scientific theory. A real theory is based on the actual evidence.

The harm of this pretentious narcissism is that it actually diverts us from working together with concrete solutions to our problems. It's an easy, escapist cop-out to feel good and pretend you're doing something useful.

Real change takes blood, sweat, and tears as we join with others to fight those who want to prevent change.

@Toonman That flies in the face of other feedback and teachings so I return the same level of believability. Thanks for piping up, though.

@Toonman, @Krish55 35 years of doing something useful, dude, so lost the blood and sweat but won't do tears. The only way to fight such massive illness is through changing our vision, demands, and attitudes. Protests, much like blood and sweat, don't do that. You're welcome to try, and I do still join many of them, but I don't believe they are enough for this stamp of time. I also don't care about the outcome as I've dropped out.

@rainmanjr The other feedback and teachings are New Age dipshittery.

And it flies in the face of reason, common sense and reality.

Enjoy the circus.

@rainmanjr So instead of doing something useful, you're engaging in narcissistic stupidity.

Your mama must be damned proud of you.

@Toonman My mama died not remembering my existence (and didn't seem to care a whole lot about it when she was alive unless it helped her) so fuck you.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:637435
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.