Agnostic.com

48 9

What's your favorite thing about the winter season?

For many of us the religious aspects of the winter season blows... and, for many of us, we hate the music...
but outside of all that, is there anything you particularly enjoy about winter?

Here are some of my thoughts:

1. Bundling up in something soft & warm (I like to throw my Slanket in the dryer).
  2. Eating and drinking warm things (mmm hot cocoa never tastes so good)
  3. I get to sit in front of the fireplace and read a book
  4. Sparkly snow on trees, rooftops, coating the ground-- snowflakes falling from the sky-- gorgeous
  5. Lighting scented candles
  6. Those seasonal-only treats. I like just a small taste of eggnog.
    (Honorable mention: my low AC bill!)

How about you? What makes winter enjoyable?

silvereyes 8 Dec 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

48 comments (26 - 48)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Actually I look forward to my daughter coming home from college and getting together with a few other folks for holidays. Good food and good conversation.

gearl Level 8 Dec 8, 2017

the fact that summer will soon be hear

Lol...ugh!

Snow days! (schools and work closed)

I loved listening to the wind roaring as snow storms hit at night (when I lived in the midwestern US), then waking up to silence. In the early morning, I would tip toe over to peek through the blinds, hoping for enough snow to keep us in for at least a day...

Zster Level 8 Dec 7, 2017

I'm not much of a winter fan, but I do like how a light snow looks at night just covering the ground and as it floats down in the streetlights.

Warm clothes straight out of the dryer is something I used to do and now I'm wondering how I forgot about how great that feels.

I used to have hot cocoa (with tiny marshmallows) with my kids after sledding.

March 22nd

I don't have to work out in it anymore.

1. I like to cook oysters on a pit.
  2. Burn pine needles.
  3. Piss off my neighbors by hickory smoking.
  4. Throw rye grass seed in my neighbors yard.
    I'll stop here...lol.

No... l love my neighbors! Lol! My smoke makes their mouth druel...lol. I bring them something so they can taste the smoke. If i don't bring them a piece they say im killing them... you know, Bob your killing Me! Lol.

The best thing about winter is that the heater works in my car. I'm a warm weather night owl.

I enjoy taking my dog for walks in the snow covered fields near my house .Being a landlord in New York ,my favorite thing is not having to worry about the landscaping and lawn maintenance on the properties. What I really like is I do not have my wife keeping the air conditioning so darn high at night and me freezing my ass off. I am actually warmer in rhe winter

I could pretty much steal your list. Snow especially since I live in a place that rarely gets it. (Saw a few flakes in the sky today, however!)

I live in Louisiana.We don't have winter season.when it becomes "winter" we might get lower then 50 degree once maybe twice in a week.
Buttt, I would say. I guess hot coco.

MoniB Level 6 Dec 7, 2017

Double dip: Now that I live in the south, the best thing about winter, hands down: NO fire ants!!!!

Zster Level 8 Dec 7, 2017

The Christmas season, which barely squeaks into winter. Because: Aldi sells German cookies called Lebkuchen, usually made this time of year and I can get fruitcake at another store, also seasonal.

There aren't many bugs outside, but there aren't as many birds either.

The air is crisper and not so weighted. I love being outside.

good time to make what I think of as continuing soup. Start with one base and a few simple ingredients and keep it simmering on the wood stove. add a new vegetable or spice and stock as you go over a few days

being able to be outside working on the boat/yard and not melting in the florida sun!

Never Look Forward to Winter!!!!

Not having to worry about Christmas for about six months.

winter is a necessary season. It marks the pass of time and makes life more interesting, yeah it's a pain dealing with extreme cold spells sometimes but thank god for heating and A/C soon comes spring and summer. Nice transition

haslr Level 3 Dec 15, 2017

When it is over. Snow for the week of the holidays only would be great. Cold weather is fine.

The magic that you see in children. To see a child excitement on seeing small things like fairly lights. Bring home what really matters. It's the small morment.

When it turns into spring.

It's 20 degrees outside today and I'm going out there shoot some golf balls on the range to prepare for when the weather changes to spring I'll be enjoying a few rounds of golf then. So it's a little cold alright

haslr Level 3 Dec 28, 2017

You can stay warm, unlike summer. You can never take enough off.

the knowledge that it will end. After 56 years of living in Iowa, I still can't figure out why people ever thought it would be a good idea to live this far north

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7095
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.