Agnostic.com

3 0

The difference between truth and faith . . .

Archeus_Lore 7 Mar 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

He argued that truth is impossible—there can only be perspective and interpretation, driven by a person's interests or 'will to power'.
And: Life is often served greater by error than by truth. Truth, Nietzsche argues, is not good for its own sake; rather, it is only good to the extent that it serves life.
He wrote somewhere that our modern obsession with Truth is a Christian (!) legacy.

How did he square that with the OP quote? Was he actually recommending faith over truth in the quote?

@skado I doubt that the OP quote is authentic. It does not sound like Nietzsche

Sounds like Ol’ Neech was not a happy camper.

skado Level 9 Mar 23, 2023

He had a pretty rough life, health-wise, and relationship-wise. Generally though, his outlook on life itself was far more postive with regard to life than average, and far more positive toward the world in general than I will ever be. This is one of the best videos I have seen about him. [vice.com]

Nietzsche hurts the brain. I need to read "Thus Spake Zarathustra" again.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:715551
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.