Agnostic.com

2 2

Pope Francis gives women historic right to vote at meeting

[bbc.com]

xenoview 8 Apr 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The Vatican is hardly a democracy.

I'm a bit curious as to how many women actually attend. If the additional amount is only 10%, etc, it would have little sway.

It's a good point. But how influential their vote is today pales in comparison to this significance of this major policy change which has the potential to influence further policy changes. Now I don't give a shit about the Catholic Church but this Pope is head and shoulders above any of his predecessors, yet still the very existence of his position is based entirely on complete and utter nonsense, and worse.

I just learned that the Catholic Church actually advocates that the priest's blessing of the wafer and wine at communion literally turns them into the flesh and blood of Jesus Christ. I saw a poll that said most American Catholics only acknowledge it as symbolic so even their own aren't falling for all of their ridiculous nonsense anymore.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:721418
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.