Agnostic.com

3 1

As a crazy cat lady, I want to believe that I would see my cats in an after life, but much like Scully from the X-Files, I'm a science minded person and just can't believe. Most pastors preach that animals don't go to heaven. I personally think that if there is a soul- animals would have more of a soul than most humans. Anyone else have any thoughts on this line of thought? ...

KatieHowie 5 Oct 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't necessarily believe in soul/afterlife, BUT hope that perhaps my brain might take me through a seemingly real nonending dream as I pass. If so, I hope such a dream is lucid and can go where I want it to. Therefore, all who I want "with me" will be, including my many beloved pets. (From one crazy cat lady to another).

Zster Level 8 Oct 7, 2017

I don't believe in an afterlife either, so it's better to enjoy the current time with your cats.

MarcO Level 5 Oct 6, 2017

Oh, I absolutely believe that all natural things have a soul, and animals definitely. I'm a believer in reincarnation - that our souls will inhibit another body after this one dies, and I believe that the souls we surround ourselves with now are ones that are always with us, animals included.
I'm unsure about if a soul can reincarnate from, say, a cat to a human or vice versa - haven't really researched that much. But, I do believe that in past lives people that I'm very close to were with me. And sometimes I do feel my cats and dogs were. (I swear my male dog was a romantic interest in a past life because he absolutely worships me!!!)
Plus, even if this isn't true, as long as you have them in your heart and memory, no matter what happens I believe you'll always be with them.
And if when we die we just, well, die and then nothing - then all this is moot! LOL
🙂

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:761
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.