Agnostic.com

1 2

LINK Facebook scam: Imposters use Facebook Messenger to lure you into fraud -- USA Today

Evidently, somebody (a scammer) used my friends list to create an account with a name I'd recognize to pretend to be somebody I knew on Facebook. I was highly suspicious as they tried to sell me on "BFAG", which is a fictional program. I looked it up, on the very fist mention of it. Sadly, there is a seemingly legit group on Facebook which seems real, but it is just part of the scam. I suspect some people fall for it.

I first blocked and then unfriended the scammer.

Just thought I'd post about it as a warning to others....

snytiger6 9 Sep 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Facebook scams, like every other scam are ongoing, mutating with technology, and depend on shear numbers for success. The pole phone scams would make hundreds of calls a day and be considered successful if they roped in a few marks. Online, they a send out thousands of scams at the touch of a button, worldwide. The prey is easier because so many, especially seniors don’t understand the technology. And the perpetrators are often all but impossible to track down most of the time.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:766601
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.