Agnostic.com

2 2

LINK Why Do We Lie? Be Smart - YouTube

We, as humans, have evolved to lie, as a means to increase our chances of survival ...

snytiger6 9 Sep 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I’ve lost 2 good friends by being honest, but that’s life. People say I’m on the Autistic spectrum, but have never been diagnosed.
I’m genuinely surprised that most people lie that much.

I know people may not believe it, but I am generally a lot more honest that the average person.

My sister who has a Master's degree in psychology has stated that she believe that although I don't fall into the autistic spectrum, I do lean in that direction. She bases this on several observations. I AM a lot more honest than almost everyone she has known in her life. I get stressed out when in large groups of people, and actually need "recovery time" after being around lots of people. Also, I am a nudist, because I find I am much more physically comfortable without clothes than wearing them. I also tend to avoid stressful situations whenever possible. I have a very low tolerance for other persons who are dishonest and lie a great deal of the time. All of these traits are common in autistic persons. So, although I don't lean far enough to fall into the autistic spectrum, she does think I lean in that direction, and it actually makes sense to me that it explains a lot about who I am and how I behave.

Anyway,. I agree with Mark Twain, when he said "If you are always honest, you don't have to remember anything", meaning that if you are honest, you don't ever have to remember what you told to whom. It makes my life much simpler and a lot less stressful if I am simply honest almost all of the time.

Yes I agree in many ways autism is just an extreme attachment to honesty.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:767671
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.