Agnostic.com

10 1

Question for atheists, would you rather heaven existed or not? Personally as atheist I prefer this being the only life.

PLake171 2 Dec 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Life is never fair, or we'd all run the same, think the same, look the same etc. We shouldn't get more or fewer rights based on that though, all people alive managed to be born making us winners out of millions of sperm and lucky enough for the egg to be there. We all eventually die, it'd be unfair for death to be the same. I personally believe there is no afterlife and I'm not learning ancient Greek for the chance.

I see no evidence of heaven or hell or any other after-life existence.

I would. Reality strikes hard.

I believe in some weird stuff. Not a heaven per say and nothing can get you into it...you just go there. I believe that we simply travel through dimensions as pure energy until we find a vessel to grow in. Energy doesn't have memories or feelings so there is no evidence that we ever existed before this life. Not reincarnation but similar. After all energy can't be destroyed.

Hoping that there is a reward system for being good, or putting up with the crap that happens everyday of our lives is a nice concept. I wish I could believe it. However, this might prevent me from making the time I have here truly meaningful. I accept the good with the bad and move on. I do the right thing because it makes me feel good now. Not because it earned brownie points on some arbitrary scale of good vs bad.

I do, but not of a heaven as religions describe. I would think to enjoy a perpetual lucid dream state, where I could will the reality that I experience, even to the point of being all done, at which point I could choose to cease existing, transiently or permanently.

Zster Level 8 Dec 15, 2017

I have no desire for heaven to exist nor to have any sort of eternal afterlife.

I can't imagine what perfect happiness for all eternity would be, but I have some misgivings. Nonexistence is the only Heaven I desire: to die, to sleep, no more.

I also prefer to believe I only have to go through this thing called Life once.

Beyond my inability to even conceive of such a place, populated by the likes of ..pat boone? ...no thanks.. I envision life as a cycle, and the further I progress, the more content I am with my achievements, and settled with there being an end ~

Varn Level 8 Dec 15, 2017
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:8460
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.