Agnostic.com

11 18

LINK 'Jaw-Dropping' Report Reveals Rampant Wage Theft Among Top US Corporations

Duh!- anyone who has worked any of these jobs for any length of time.

OpposingOpposum 9 June 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I guess "earning" a thousand times what the avg worker earns just isn't enough for these corporate crooks! Greed bastards

Everyone should start class-action lawsuits... Oh, wait, the Supreme Court just found that employees and employers are on equal footing to negotiate when individual arbitration clauses are required for all employees. Because how dare employees try to fight for the overtime they have worked as a group! They should each beg the employer alone, with a neutral arbiter (paid by the company, but definitely unbiased) there to decide whether they deserve the money for which they worked.

It's almost always the big organisations that are the worst. The smaller, decent companies cannot compete - they're too honest.

This has been the norm for decades without any challenges. They have the law firms that make it impossible for the little guy to sue. the biggest theft occurred when they came out with the 401k. This reduced the pension plans that were in force by millions of dollars . I was to introduce this program to my employees and try to convince them it was a good plan. When I could not do so out of a good conscience I was asked to leave the company.

Capitalism can be productive with fair and far reaching regulations but corporations will almost always live down to it lowest common denominators

Capitalism can be productive with fair and far reaching regulations but corporations will almost always live down to it lowest common denominators

And considering that almost all checks on corporate power have been removed, especially with the recent supreme court ruling, we can expect to see it get worse.

I knew it existed but not that it was so pervasive.

Nothing new there then.

I just realized... We should found a religion that encourages poverty as godliness.... Oops... Nope... Wait... Somebody already tried that

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:100696
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.