Agnostic.com

5 4

Listening to Christian music

From time to time I will either sing or listen to song I used to years ago. I don't feel the same when I do but they bring back good memories or have a positive spin and don't mention Jesus anyway. Does anyone else do that or is it just me?

Khetanna 4 Feb 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't believe in Puff the Magic Dragon anymore than I believe in the various godheads, but that doesn't mean that I can't or shouldn't enjoy the music about them. Just like I don't have to believe in Jesus to see the beauty in the pieta .

It is alright to listen to them. Just like any other song. If it makes you feel good and especially being back good memories... why not?
It's like listening to lullaby or other kids song even tho you are not a child anymore. 😊

I do. I have songs stuck in my head from years of indoctrination that I gotta listen to sometime. Mainly Kirk Franklin, Fred Hammonds and Michael W Smith

che27 Level 4 June 24, 2019

Who are some of your favorite bands? I used to be really into Daniel Amos (and then the Swirling Eddies). I've had the chance to perform with the Second Chapter of Acts when they were still together (they're super nice people). The Altar Boys were another favorite, and I love their music, but I can't listen often because of the lyrics... they're way too church for me now.

I liked David Crowder Band, Marcy Me, Big Daddy Weave, Crossmovent, Lecrae, 90s Kirk Franklin, and Breaking Benjamin

I haven't revisited Christian music since I observed, during the 2016 election, that Christians are deluded, Christianity is bunk, and white evangelicals are hypocrites because most voted for Trump.

I get that and to me those people just use Christianity as their veil of racism. I shall never forget that the klan is a Christian organization.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:283574
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.