Agnostic.com

3 13

Totally agree with this.

mistymoon77 9 Dec 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

good advice

Better yet... Want nothing, feel nothing. Just take care and treat self like a king.

It does have to start with taking care of yourself first on many levels. That is true.

@mistymoon77

Yes correct. My wider point was we do not have to keep wanting or needing people and things inside our lives to have a happy, complete life. Living independently on own terms works not just fine but a lot better. Living together makes a whole lot sense when you are raising a family and planning/building a future for them. That is just 20 years of the long over 65, 70 years of adult life.

An AA sobriety chip couldn't have said it better.
(Apologies for the vaguely cultish reference, 😏.)

There would have been some reference to a higher power attached somewhere.. thats how they roll.

@mistymoon77 indeed. I am not advocating Aa's 12 steps as the answer to life's strufgglws. I was merely reminded of the print on one side of their sobtirty chips, which says "Keep it simple."

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:562167
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.