Agnostic.com

10 15

What are you willing to trade-off to avoid a hated chore?

"Instead of getting manicures, I'm paying someone to mow the lawn and pull the weeds twice a month," my girl Claire, 31, said yesterday.

"I HATE mowing the lawn! My next-door-neighbor make perfect straight lines with the mower. My lines look all squiggly and sloppy."

I laughed.Today I made Claire a home nail care kit. She will get it tomorrow.

LiterateHiker 9 Mar 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You are a very caring partner. It's wonderful when a man thinks about how to please his girlfriend. By the way, this manicure set looks lovely. I'd like one too.

Such a thoughtful loving Mother

My son mows the lawn...until the tractor gets repaired next month...then he can do the edging and trim😂as "The Old Poop" in "On Golden Pond" put it..."What good is having a dwarf if you you can't work them"?

I trade going out (or ordering in these days) to eat for a month to pay the accountant to do my taxes. I'm in front of a computer all week so I enjoy my yard, automotive and other chores. Feels like I'm actually working.

Still renting, debating whether to buy a condo or a home in a year. :/ I love doing gardens but I have the feeling my knees are paying a price from doing knee slammers as a cheerleader. Others that were on the squad with me have had to get replacement surgery already.....not sure in ten years time at seventy if I will have avoided it or not. Maybe pots on a patio could be more my thing....

I don't do lawns either. I live ina rental, and were I to buy a place, it wouldn't have a yard.

"My lines look all squiggly and sloppy."
So what?!

That's a very sweet Mom treat. I'm sure she'll appreciate it a lot.

@Lauren

Thank you, dear!

I do my Lawn. My wife pays me nothing 😟

Intelligent and creative, too!

I pay a neighbor to do my lawn.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:585031
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.