Agnostic.com

2 1

Survey -- Hell

Which religion were you raised in and how old were you when learning the concept of Hell?

What exactly were you taught, and did it change over the years (specifically, if you were taught a mild/edited version when you were young, and the concept of being damned to Hell increased as you matured?)

Was learning the concept of Hell an influence to leave the religion you were raised in?

MacStriker 7 Oct 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I remember most as a kid. The devil sat on one side of your shoulders and the angel sat on the other. One pushing for evil the other pulling for
good often in cartoons. . In the end, it felt like it was really your deep consciousness, debating within yourself.. Only felt a deep connection with natures laws of understanding. People who think in extreme good and evil are still fighting in all the world Wars up to today. .

any estimate of how old you were when you experienced this?

Came from a Lutheran/Catholic family, pretty much raised Catholic (my father sympathized with my mother's beliefs). Was around age six or so when introduced to the concept of Hell, and all of that mostly remained the same over the years with the exception that as I grew older that meant more opportunities present in which for me to get sent to Hell.

Yes, the emphasis so many Christians put on going to Hell for an eternity was a key factor in me eventually abandoning the religious beliefs I grew up with, among other factors.

More
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:769987
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.