Agnostic.com
6 7

Hey everybody! My Italian parsley is ridiculously happy and as little container and I'm afraid it's going to go to waste. So, how do you guys preserve your parsley?

FlippantLlama 8 May 30
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Mine is out of control and grows year round, so I just pick it as needed. Kentucky is as warm as Washington, it might be easier to have fresh all the time.

Buttercup Level 8 May 30, 2020

if you have a dehydrator use that, if not you can air dry it in a mesh bag, or by hanging the cut stems leaves down in a well ventilated area. With my mint, I will hang a large mess bag in the garage.

glennlab Level 10 May 30, 2020

@MissKathleen It was much harder on the gulf coast, but Dallas is on the edge of Texas desert. Not as hot and dry as you, but air drying will work here. As long as you have enough air circulating not to get mold, you are OK.

Keep splitting and repotting. then you can give it away sell it, or sometimes you just have to put things on the compost.

Fernapple Level 9 May 30, 2020

cut it off and dry it, leave enough to encourage new growth.

I dry all my herbs with a dehydrator. 😍

I dry mine in a dehydrator, storing it in small canning jars. I also try to use up a lot of it fresh by preparing parsley heavy recipes like green sauced shrimp and tabouli salad.

Zster Level 8 May 30, 2020

Yum, tabouli.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 30

Photos 5,392 More

Posted by FrostyJimI always do a little weeding before I go to sleep...

Posted by KilltheskyfairyMushrooms called, “dead man’s fingers.” Very Halloweeny! What is dead man’s fingers?

Posted by KilltheskyfairyMushrooms called, “dead man’s fingers.” Very Halloweeny! What is dead man’s fingers?

Posted by FrostyJim...just when you thought it was safe to pick tomatoes?

Posted by CocoavineBecause my plants deserve a little art too 🌿🎨

Posted by FrostyJim...just when it was ripe!

Posted by FrostyJim“In Cuba, over 300,000 urban farms and gardens produce about 50 percent of the island’s fresh produce supply”… Reported by US News & World Report on Feb. 13, 2019 [usnews.com]

Posted by Killtheskyfairy❀️♥οΈπŸ’šπŸ’œπŸ’™ In Brazil, this couple planted 2 million trees in 18 years, returning 172 bird species, 33 mammals, 15 amphibians, 15 reptiles and 293 plant species.

Posted by FrostyJimI had a set of these mason jar sprouting lids way back about 40 yrs ago that were lost over time .

Posted by KilltheskyfairyBest way to grow

Posted by KilltheskyfairyDon’t poison!

Posted by FrostyJimThe world’s biggest flower, Rafflesia arnoldii, West Sumatra, Indonesia.

Posted by FrostyJim...everything is bigger in Alaska! [alaskasnewssource.com]

Posted by KilltheskyfairySpicy humor!

• Top tags#flowers #video #gardening #god #hope #religion #religious #friends #rain #world #reason #weed #weather #cats #book #church #kids #community #money #dogs #Atheist #hell #wife #birds #mother #children #Bible #Christian #death #florida #Organic #animals #relationship #agnostic #parents #species #Texas #advice #climate #evidence #belief #DonaldTrump #coffee #humans #sex #hello #atheism #beliefs #laws #Jesus ...

Members 1,542Top