Agnostic.com
3 5

Yesterday I felt capable of cataloging some gun violence. There are currently 48 volunteers that do nothing but catalog after verification. I verified yesterday, so then those incidents go on to the data entry department.

I thought I'd just drop in here, what it looks like when we start, versus how it looks once all verifications have been made and the incident is fully uploaded to the site.

Below is what I started with on Sunday and I did add two (I think it is two) early this morning that had been missed by others.

*Below are the incidents we receive via news/media outlets all across America. The screenshots attached are the never-ending deaths turned into statistics. From incident to statistic that's what people have become in America.

We start with next to nothing and by the time the incident is uploaded, we have number of victims, incident type (spree, mass, drive by, domestic violence, etc) and links to the most current police news releases/media pieces.

I guess it hasn't been shocking for me, for so long, that I was surprised when I started posting here, at just how many they are. My God there are soooooo many. Not incidents, lives. Sooo so many lives lost.
For nothing.

And NO!!!!!! It's not drugs. It's not mental health. It's America. It's a gun-obsessed society driven by the police state and the blinding fear of everyone everywhere, especially the ones that don't look like or think like one's own self. It's a state of being that could be solved and could be at least partially solved next to immediately. But that's not that plan. 😔 Just so disgusting. People go all batshit over 9/11. I guess when you do this for a decade, 9/11 seems seriously lacking/lagging shock value. Most (many, maybe) think 9/11 was the worst thing to happen in American on American soil in the modern day. BUT........ We lose more American to gun violence in 4 months each year than we lost on 9/11. 🙄🙄🙄🙄

And to think we do this 24 hours a day, every single day. And our volunteer numbers keep rising, faster and faster each year just to keep up. 😒😢😥😓

11 shot in Memphis overnight
[wkrn.com]

1shot, 2 in custody
[wreg.com]

Shooting in Phoenix Business Park
[fox10phoenix.com]

Nashville shooting: 2 shot, 1 dead
[wsmv.com]

2 shot at Wolfchase Galleria, Memphis
[fox13memphis.com]

Boston woman shot in Dorchester, no suspects
[whdh.com]

Woman shot inside Brooklyn parking lot
[amny.com]

Video footage shows man chased into store after being shot. Columbus
[nbc4i.com]

Drive by shootings Winston-Salem
[myfox8.com]

3 Teenage girls and one gunman dead in Texas
[ky3.com]

**"Dad, I'm shot." Suburban Atlanta teen shot in front of his father in front of their home"
[atlantablackstar.com]

Chicago shootings this weekend
These are cataloged separate. So if there are 8, this one article may tailor in 8 incidents
[abc7chicago.com]

Man shot after traffic crash
[chicago.suntimes.com]

Man shit and killed in Englewood
[abc7chicago.com]

26 year old mother shot by stranger in grocery store parking lot after argument. Shot in front of her store and children
[whsv.com]

Police shooting. Preliminary details only
[chicagotribune.com]

Police investigating shooting
[amp.star-telegram.com]

(Two screenshots below show the rest I didn't detail here ☝️☝️☝️ And then, the neverending "finished product" once we finally make it through our lists...)

SeaGreenEyez 9 Feb 20
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

At the risk of appearing to be highly cynical, I see this level of gun-related deaths continuing in the U$A for at least the next 100 years.

anglophone Level 9 Feb 21, 2023

I so hope not.

@Betty I see myself being dead long before there is any significant shift in this regard.

@anglophone This is one time I truly hope you are wrong.

I am so sick of crying every God damned day about all these innocent humans and their needless deaths.

Horrifying.

Vote Republicans out of office!

Recent Visitors 15

Photos 509 More

Posted by DruviusMake it make sense.

Posted by FrostyJim...what a sad situation.

Posted by ButtercupI doubt she said it buts it's cute.

Posted by Smurfing101

Posted by DruviusAh yes, modern America.

Posted by Tejas

Posted by SwitchcraftSandy Hook 13th sad anniversary - 12/14/12

Posted by SwitchcraftSandy Hook 13th sad anniversary - 12/14/12

Posted by MoravianSad but true.

Posted by DruviusAlways loved this one.

Posted by TejasAnti trump pistol. Do you have mixed feelings about it?

Posted by TejasLook at this scary gun!

Posted by Tejas

Posted by SeaGreenEyezThe most unaware "Awareness Day" in America was yesterday.

Posted by SeaGreenEyezThe most unaware "Awareness Day" in America was yesterday.

• Top tags#guns #NRA #video #laws #violence #guncontrol #massshooting #god #DonaldTrump #Police #children #world #religion #reason #Texas #hell #religious #friends #republicans #rights #death #vote #kids #Atheist #hope #USA #society #teachers #church #truth #florida #government #fear #money #belief #parents #atheism #conservative #sex #Christian #agnostic #earth #community #murder #schools #culture #evidence #youtube #Christians #wife ...

Members 923Top