Agnostic.com
2 5

Four more dead children the NRA and their ilk can take credit for:

[bbc.com]

A 14-year-old boy is to be charged with murder after four people were killed and nine injured in a shooting at a Georgia high school on Wednesday.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation said those killed were two pupils and two teachers at Apalachee High School in Winder, Barrow County.

The boy, named as Colt Gray, a pupil, was arrested by two officers on the school campus and was in custody, a spokesman said. He will be charged as an adult.

Local sheriff Jud Smith described the attack as "pure evil".

Officers first recieved reports of a shooting at the school of around 1,900 pupils around 10:20 local time (13:20BST).

"Within minutes law enforcement was on scene, as well as two school resource officers assigned to the school who immediately encountered the subject," the sheriff said in a news conference.

"The subject immediately surrendered. He gave up, got on the ground. And the officers took him into custody," he continued.

Officials said the suspect is a student at the school. They said no motive had been identified and "we don’t know of any targets at this point".

They have not said what type of weapon was used, or how many bullets were fired.

"This is going to take multiple days for us to get answers as to what happened and why this happened," Sheriff Smith said.

Dozens of police officers swiftly responded to the school, which was placed on lockdown and cleared, with pupils later released to their families.

Alexsandra Romero, a second year pupil, said she was sitting in classroom when someone came barging in and yelled at students, warning them to get down.

"I can just remember my hands were shaking," she told the Atlanta Journal Constitution. "I felt bad because everybody was crying, everybody was trying to find their siblings.

"I can still picture everything, like the blood, the shouting..."

Georgia Governor Brian Kemp said on Twitter/X that he was "praying for the safety of those in our classrooms" and that he was directing "all available state resources".

In a statement, President Biden said he and First Lady Jill Biden were "mourning the deaths of those whose lives were cut short due to more senseless gun violence".

"What should have been a joyous back-to-school season in Winder, Georgia, has now turned into another horrific reminder of how gun violence continues to tear our communities apart," he said.

Speaking at a campaign rally in New Hampshire, Vice-President Kamala Harris called the shooting "a senseless tragedy".

"It's just outrageous that every day in our country... that parents have to send their children to school worried about whether their child will come home alive.

"It doesn't have to be this way."

Attorney General Merrick Garland, the top law enforcement official in the US, said federal agents were aiding the investigation. "I'm devastated for the families who have been affected by this terrible tragedy," he said.

Druvius 8 Sep 4
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Another chorus of blame against a 14-year old kid being a monster, and evil, and all the other reasons they'll find to blame him instead of focusing on the real reason which is access to the fucking guns! Just because half this country wants to be armed as if they need military-style weaponry to defend their home "fortresses" and their despot political candidate, and the rest of us can't find a way to force them to follow the original intent of the second amendment. I can't even listen to the officials anymore because it's always the same bad script ...

Lauren Level 8 Sep 4, 2024

Nothing will be done, America is a broken society. And millions of sick Americans think dead children are a reasonable price to pay so they can live in their ammosexual fantasy world.

I recently bought a gun. A revolver that I have wanted for many years. I live alone and keep it nearby and if you come to my place and see that I have it you will not be allowed to hold it, touch it, or otherwise be involved with it. Usually it is loaded and about 4 feet from me even if I am in my car. At home it lays in a box close by and covered with a cloth. Only my grown kids and a couple of others know this. My gun will not go to school with anyone. Be prepared.

@DenoPenno That's very sad

@Moravian Why is it sad? I live alone so it is at least safe. If others lived here with me it could be a disaster.

@DenoPenno I just find it sad that you need to have a gun to feel safe. It is a sad indictment on the society you live in. I live in a small village of around 600 people and when I go out I don't even lock my door.

@Moravian I live in a community of 12,000 or so and I would not dare leave my doors unlocked. Druggies may come in as you are gone and take what they like. As for my gun, it's a revolver and a carry over from TV cowboy days. It is loaded now coz only a fool would do this with other people living in his house. The wrong person might get shot. My home is my safe space and if I shoot you I was in fear for my life. 🙂

@DenoPenno OK. Stay safe

Time to put armed security at every school

Tejas Level 8 Sep 4, 2024

The two armed security guards failed to stop the shooting you ammosexual freak.

@Druvius then hire more. Have better planning. I will outlive you, you sissified old fart.

Recent Visitors 11

Photos 509 More

Posted by DruviusMake it make sense.

Posted by FrostyJim...what a sad situation.

Posted by ButtercupI doubt she said it buts it's cute.

Posted by Smurfing101

Posted by DruviusAh yes, modern America.

Posted by Tejas

Posted by SwitchcraftSandy Hook 13th sad anniversary - 12/14/12

Posted by SwitchcraftSandy Hook 13th sad anniversary - 12/14/12

Posted by MoravianSad but true.

Posted by DruviusAlways loved this one.

Posted by TejasAnti trump pistol. Do you have mixed feelings about it?

Posted by TejasLook at this scary gun!

Posted by Tejas

Posted by SeaGreenEyezThe most unaware "Awareness Day" in America was yesterday.

Posted by SeaGreenEyezThe most unaware "Awareness Day" in America was yesterday.

• Top tags#guns #NRA #video #laws #violence #guncontrol #massshooting #god #DonaldTrump #Police #children #world #religion #reason #Texas #hell #religious #friends #republicans #rights #death #vote #kids #Atheist #hope #USA #society #teachers #church #truth #florida #government #fear #money #belief #parents #atheism #conservative #sex #Christian #agnostic #earth #community #murder #schools #culture #evidence #youtube #Christians #wife ...

Members 923Top