Agnostic.com

12 8

. . . . . . . . . .

skado 9 Nov 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Don't lay that crap on Scientists

“I” am denying the existence of any verifiable result from any of them. And it’s definitely not Quantum Physics.

This equation, if you call it that, doesn't seem to work....

Ryo1 Level 8 Nov 20, 2023

Try again...

What Christians call prayer, IS NOT what witches call spell casting, nor is it what Spiritualists call manifestations.
True a Doctor might in some instances call this praying the placebo effect, but not all doctors are Atheists, who probably have no attributable opinion since atheism relates only to the none existence of a god(s)
As only by tortured mental gymnastics could the uncertainty principle aspects of quantum physics be attributed to prayer, most of this post can in the words of the late great Douglas Adams be dismissed as
"a load of dingo's kidneys!"

I figure whatever works for ya; just leave everyone not interested in your "whatever" the fuck alone.

Except that double-blind studies on prayer, for one, have showed the people prayed for had Worse outcomes.....

It seems to be associated with existence, has a variety of forms, best guess water.

Equating spells and prayer with quantum physics?

What else, faith healing with 21st Century medicine?

Voo Doo with counselling?

Fortune telling with financial management?

Does this imply that you are talking about the same thing ??
The placebo effect certainly is not based on quantum effects

I too err on the side of quantum physics or spooky science

The quantum physics definition sounds good to me.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:737471
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.