Agnostic.com
3 1

Is this guy removed from the real world or what?
"Higher rents will help reduce rental stress by encouraging people to 'economise' on housing, RBA governor says"
[msn.com]

puff 8 May 31
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I confess to owning (with a mortgage) a house with three bedrooms that I rent out. It is currently being rented by an elderly couple who look after it. Come the next rental agreement I am going to lower the rent due to the fact that the cost of living is through the roof and I can handle the mortgage on less money. (if a major repair is needed I am going to be struggling but the excess rent money sits in an account to help pay for these things)
Last rental agreement the real estate company tried to get me to raise the rent by over $100 per week I pointed out I would rather have good tenants at lower rent that have to find new ones.

The real estate company is of course looking for a raise in their profits which is a percentage of the rent. Tough luck they do very little and the last few agents (they seem to go through a lot of them) have barely contacted me at all. I contact them asking when things are going to be done.

Seriously raising rents just because you can is so messed up.

I rent my place to an 82 year old lady in Tasmania for $150/ week. Paid for, no intention of raising rent. My girlfriend pays $440/ week in Victor Harbour and son $320/ week on gold coast for room only. Daughter in share house over $400/ week shared. Yes it sucks. No way can save for a deposit whilst paying rent.

Phillip Lowe obviously is working for a return to these sort of conditions -
[bl.uk]

[blogs.slv.vic.gov.au]

FrayedBear Level 9 May 31, 2023

Dr Lowe's incisive analysis, predicated upon the economic fundamentals of stringent monetary policy and concomitant fiscal imperative, is a strategy that ensures inflation is controlled as readily as breathing the fresh air of egalitarian macro-economic theory.

Polemicist Level 7 May 31, 2023

That must be why the RBA has contributed to the highest rate of inflation experienced in many decades?

Recent Visitors 7

Photos 157 More

Posted by 1patriotWorld’s Fastest Indian to Ride Again In the 1950s and 1960s, Burt Munro was a motorcycling legend.

Posted by FrayedBearIn the event of nuclear war between USA & China what are the most likely first strike targets?

Posted by 1patriotThis is a big concern

Posted by vocaloldfart Australia being turned into ‘51st US state’ – ex-PM Canberra is losing its strategic autonomy due to its security pact with the US and UK, Paul Keating has argued The US is surrounding...

Posted by 1patriot[rebelnews.

Posted by 1patriotThat would be a plus....

Posted by FrayedBearTime for Australia to follow suit?

Posted by 1patriotthey are creating a 15 Cities all along this coast in Australia

Posted by 1patriotthunder writes: I remember early in the pandemic when there was a protest outside the hospital (Toronto Canada).

Posted by vocaloldfart Is this the way of the future?

Posted by vocaloldfartIf you think times were tough under the LNP Mafiosa in the previous years, Give Dutton the disastrous destroyer the vote in the next election, and look foreward to worse to come.

Posted by vocaloldfartMichael Pascoe: And the award for the worst Liberal leader goes to… ?

Posted by vocaloldfartDingoes elevated to 'almost-human' status in pre-colonial Australia .

Posted by vocaloldfartVanadium batteries’ sustainable energy hailed as key to solar revolution Vanadium could be the answer to using solar and wind round the clock, silencing critics who say they’re useless when the...

Posted by FrayedBearThis amused me. How about you? "Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia." Charles Shulz

Posted by FrayedBearNine chairman, and former Australian Treasurer, Peter Costello is now promoting war with China after making $millions lobbying for defence companies BY SHANE DOWLING ON MARCH 12, 2023

• Top tags#Australia #video #government #world #god #religious #hope #friends #laws #politicians #media #money #federal #minister #religion #reason #children #DonaldTrump #politics #rights #liberal #community #military #China #evidence #Police #policy #death #Atheist #hell #Christian #Jesus #USA #church #atheism #parents #corruption #truth #kids #vote #youtube #book #religions #dogs #faith #justice #freedom #movies #chinese #nation ...

Members 438Top