Agnostic.com
1 8

After at least 15 years and who knows how many bulbs lost, I've finally succeeded.
My first ever Tulip bulbs are ACTUALLY growing and beginning to get ready to bloom as well.
And the gardening experts around this area said they " Can only be grown in a Garden by using a Greenhouse/Hothouse with regular and steady drip-feed watering systems and need tending like a Mother hen with her chicks."
Mine just got planted in with other plants, watered once a week and a small amount of Blood and Bone sprinkled around them every 6 -8 weeks.

Triphid 9 Sep 15
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

yah! my tulips ended up as rabbit food before they can bloom so now I just plant daffodils.

Donna_I Level 8 Sep 15, 2021

Luckily we don't get rabbits roaming free around town only arse-wipes who like to steal flowers from the gardens of others.

@Triphid well that is just rotten! Hope yours stay in the garden!

@Donna_I I hope so too, my gates will be LOCKED and secure from sunset until sunrise, my security systems are on 24/7 and my fence has pieces that work similar to barbed wire fixed into the top of it as well.

@Triphid wow! sounds a bit like Fort Knox. πŸ™‚

@Triphid puts me in a frame of mind for a re-watch of claasic Wallace & Gromit: Curse of the Were- Rabbit.

@Donna_I Not really, the "barbed wire bit" is made from twisting the the end pieces of the wire netting around the straining wire that holds it up ( took down the ugly, rusting corrugated iron fence that stood about 6 feet high because it cut off a lot of the late afternoon sun from the garden beds), the security system was installed about 12 years ago when the town was having a really bad rash of home invasions and burglaries happening PLUS I have an small collection of antiques mainly Australian stuff though but some are quite rare so I've been told.

Recent Visitors 17

Photos 5,392 More

Posted by FrostyJimI always do a little weeding before I go to sleep...

Posted by KilltheskyfairyMushrooms called, “dead man’s fingers.” Very Halloweeny! What is dead man’s fingers?

Posted by KilltheskyfairyMushrooms called, “dead man’s fingers.” Very Halloweeny! What is dead man’s fingers?

Posted by FrostyJim...just when you thought it was safe to pick tomatoes?

Posted by CocoavineBecause my plants deserve a little art too 🌿🎨

Posted by FrostyJim...just when it was ripe!

Posted by FrostyJim“In Cuba, over 300,000 urban farms and gardens produce about 50 percent of the island’s fresh produce supply”… Reported by US News & World Report on Feb. 13, 2019 [usnews.com]

Posted by Killtheskyfairy❀️♥οΈπŸ’šπŸ’œπŸ’™ In Brazil, this couple planted 2 million trees in 18 years, returning 172 bird species, 33 mammals, 15 amphibians, 15 reptiles and 293 plant species.

Posted by FrostyJimI had a set of these mason jar sprouting lids way back about 40 yrs ago that were lost over time .

Posted by KilltheskyfairyBest way to grow

Posted by KilltheskyfairyDon’t poison!

Posted by FrostyJimThe world’s biggest flower, Rafflesia arnoldii, West Sumatra, Indonesia.

Posted by FrayedBearSpring is bouncing in -

Posted by FrayedBearSpring is bouncing in -

• Top tags#flowers #video #gardening #hope #god #religion #rain #friends #religious #world #reason #weed #weather #book #cats #kids #money #community #church #birds #Atheist #dogs #hell #wife #mother #children #death #Bible #Australia #florida #Christian #animals #Texas #hello #species #Organic #relationship #climate #agnostic #coffee #evidence #advice #parents #humans #belief #atheism #sex #apple #DonaldTrump #truth ...

Members 1,542Top