Agnostic.com
4 1

Good news. An old watering hole.
[msn.com]

puff 8 Aug 19
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Honky Tonk all night long, Honky Tonk same old song.

Webb Pierce sang that.

DenoPenno Level 9 Aug 20, 2024

I wonder if the local residence are pleased of the continuing noise levels?? But on the other hand. It is absolutely great to have a talent hub, new and old, where people can experience "real" music.
Anything away from the idiot box where everything is so artificial and choreographed into oblivion, is by far the best thing.

Anyone living in a city complaining about noise needs to have a good look at themselves, especially when the noise emanates from a pub (lic house) that has been there a lot longer than they have.

Only good news if you had ambitions to go there in the future. Otherwise you're just imposing your past preferences on future generations who may wish to make their own choices of places of entertainment.

FrayedBear Level 9 Aug 19, 2024

It's a good pub with a great little courtyardy beergarden. I like old buildings, heritage. Fuck the developers ie your Trump types. The local barflies like their pub, why you would want to live in the city anyway.

@puff lol agree your conclusion on city living.

Reality states that your quaint courtyardy beer garden is infested with rats & cockroaches. I was recently talking with a business owner in Bendigo who told me that it was costing him $ 300+ per fortnight for the pest eradication service.

@FrayedBear That's half the charm.

@puff As I recall, the cockroaches, gave themselves a rename and ended up making it big on the world stage.
That never would have happened had they relied on the unreality shows like (some Twit) *** Got Talent.
anyhow rats are no longer a problem, as I am informed through Google, that all of the members of the rat pack have died.
Apart from old Blue eyes, I cannot recall that the Ratpack ever visited Australia as a whole.

@puff sadly we no longer have the 🤮 emoji!

Incidentally only recently I saw a large rat swimming in the local river less than a kilometre from where I live. . . The river is their environment, the pub beergarden isn't.

@puff, @vocaloldfart Sammy Davis Jnr also performed in Australia. Here he is with Don Lane:

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 7

Photos 157 More

Posted by 1patriotWorld’s Fastest Indian to Ride Again In the 1950s and 1960s, Burt Munro was a motorcycling legend.

Posted by FrayedBearIn the event of nuclear war between USA & China what are the most likely first strike targets?

Posted by 1patriotThis is a big concern

Posted by vocaloldfart Australia being turned into ‘51st US state’ – ex-PM Canberra is losing its strategic autonomy due to its security pact with the US and UK, Paul Keating has argued The US is surrounding...

Posted by 1patriot[rebelnews.

Posted by 1patriotThat would be a plus....

Posted by FrayedBearTime for Australia to follow suit?

Posted by 1patriotthey are creating a 15 Cities all along this coast in Australia

Posted by 1patriotthunder writes: I remember early in the pandemic when there was a protest outside the hospital (Toronto Canada).

Posted by vocaloldfart Is this the way of the future?

Posted by vocaloldfartIf you think times were tough under the LNP Mafiosa in the previous years, Give Dutton the disastrous destroyer the vote in the next election, and look foreward to worse to come.

Posted by vocaloldfartMichael Pascoe: And the award for the worst Liberal leader goes to… ?

Posted by vocaloldfartDingoes elevated to 'almost-human' status in pre-colonial Australia .

Posted by vocaloldfartVanadium batteries’ sustainable energy hailed as key to solar revolution Vanadium could be the answer to using solar and wind round the clock, silencing critics who say they’re useless when the...

Posted by FrayedBearThis amused me. How about you? "Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia." Charles Shulz

Posted by FrayedBearNine chairman, and former Australian Treasurer, Peter Costello is now promoting war with China after making $millions lobbying for defence companies BY SHANE DOWLING ON MARCH 12, 2023

• Top tags#Australia #video #government #world #god #religious #hope #friends #laws #politicians #media #money #federal #minister #religion #reason #children #DonaldTrump #politics #rights #liberal #community #military #China #evidence #Police #policy #death #Atheist #hell #Christian #Jesus #USA #church #atheism #parents #corruption #truth #kids #vote #youtube #book #religions #dogs #faith #justice #freedom #movies #chinese #nation ...

Members 438Top